Senior Software Engineer, Protocol
Pocket Network is the leading decentralized blockchain infrastructure protocol. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our quickly growing adoption curve. As an open-source, permissionless protocol driving developer adoption, we believe in a future that will enable greater participation in global digital economies and communities.
We are committed to building a fun, inclusive workplace and culture based on our values. Our core values inform how we work together as a team, how we service our users, and how we approach the products we build.
We're looking for open-minded, motivated individuals that want to expand the adoption of Web3. We are a fast moving, collaborative, and free thinking team. We're united by our desire to fully decentralize Web3, build amazing products for our users, and create a diverse and welcoming workplace.
About the role
We are looking for a self-starter and growth-minded Protocol Software Engineer who is passionate about working in a transparent environment. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience and understands the importance of balancing R&D and delivery, while being agile, tool-driven, documentation-focused and continuously adapting. It is it is someone who is excited to push themselves outside of their comfort zone and is not afraid to tackle a challenge they haven’t seen before.
R&D - Research
- Architect and design various components of the V1 Pocket Network Protocol
- Keep up to date and study the latest advances in cryptography, distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, zero-knowledge proofs and other crypto projects
- Maintain and improve the protocol specifications to guarantee its security, efficiency and clarity by building diagrams, peer-reviews and periodic updates
- Build diagrams, write specifications and present results from research with the team and community
- Participate in design and ideation meetings with the team and community
R&D - Development
- Implement protocol level features using GoLang
- Adopt, design and build tooling to optimize and ease the development process of the V1 Pocket Network protocol
- Write and maintain documentation that’ll reduce the barrier of entry of protocol development to others
- Work closely with the QA team to align on requirements and build an industry leading test suite to guarantee the security of the network
- Work closely with the Infrastructure team to align on requirements and build an industry leading infrastructure to deploy, monitor and interact with Pocket nodes
- Participate in contributor hours, community channels, answer questions, and review external contributions
- Onboard, mentor and lead new engineers as they join the project either as core team members or external contributors
- Document new tasks with a high level of detail that can be taken on by other team members or the community
- Proactively practice, maintain and enforce the use of good software engineering practices and the contribution guide to maintain a healthy codebase
- Collaborate with the core team and external contributors in both design sessions and pair coding sessions
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field or transferable industry experience
- Experience in at least one of: GoLang, Python, Rust, C++, Erlang
- Linux experience
- Ability to proactively manage tasks, work and operate as part of a team
- Ability to identify and decompose ambiguous tasks into structured, composable and understandable deliverables
- Passion to work in a transparent, fast-paced environment alongside a team that is building the foundation of Web3
What we are offering
- Base salary
- POKT Token Package
- Remote work and a flexible work schedule
- Generous paid time off, Healthcare & Benefits
Something looks off?